Foundation 11+ Preparation
Children who start preparing in Year 4 for the 11+ stand a much better chance of passing – simply because there is more time to teach to a higher level.
We begin a Foundation 11+ programme with most children in Year 4. Children who need extra help, are taught differently until they reach the required standard. Not many state primary schools in Buckinghamshire teach non-verbal reasoning so early exposure in Year 4 makes understanding this concept a lot easier than starting from scratch in Year 5.
Our lessons are 90 minutes long and encompass social and organisation skills. Homework is given weekly to reinforce what has been taught in class.
If you enrol your child on our Foundation 11+ programme, he/she will learn the following:
- Fractions, tables, decimals, percentages and other maths topics.
- Compound words, antonyms, synonyms and higher vocabulary.
- In class reading and comprehension.
- Handwriting skills and creative writing.
- Non-verbal reasoning and general knowledge.
Year 4 Tuition Timetable
- Mondays to Thursdays: 4pm to 5.30pm and also 5.45 to 7.15pm
- Fridays: 4:00 pm to 5.30pm
- Saturdays: 8.30am to 10.00 am: 10.15 am to 11.45: 12:15 to 13.45
How Much Does it Cost?
One weekly lesson (90 minutes) = £34.00 (Sibling rate = £31.00)
Two weekly lessons (2 x 90 minutes) = £68.00
Get In Touch
- Maple House, 74 Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP178PL
- 01296 747500