GCSE Tuition Aylesbury
We offer GCSE tuition at our centre in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. Many secondary schools begin the GCSE English Language and Literature syllabus in Year 9 in preparation for the new 9-1 exams.
We offer GCSE Tuition in:
The most important points about GCSE are:
- Not leaving it too late to help your child. School mocks are a general guideline as to what real results may turn out to be but these may not take place until January.
- Seek help if in doubt by booking a free assessment with us.
- The government and the exam boards have developed jointly more demanding content.
New GCSE grading system
GCSEs are the benchmark tests for children in Britain. A new grading system was introduced in 2017. It replaced the old A to D grades with 9-1. The government announced that a grade 4 will be known as a ‘standard pass’. A grade 5 will be known as a ‘strong pass’ and will be equivalent to a high C and low B on the old grading system. Grade 4 will remain the level that students must achieve without needing to re-sit English and Maths post-16.
Compare your child’s school for GCSE performance.
Many children across the country find it difficult to obtain standard passes (grade 4) in maths and English in GCSE. This government link helps you to do the following:
- exam and test results compared to other schools in Buckinghamshire.
- Ofsted reports
- financial information
Get In Touch
- Maple House, 74 Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP178PL
- 01296 747500