Expert 11+ Tutors Aylesbury
The earlier you begin preparing your child for the 11+ test, the more confident he/she will become.
Primary Tutorials in Year 3 is a perfect time but we do take children in Years 4 and 5. We assess all children so that we can place them in appropriate tutorial sessions.
Begin by requesting a free assessment which is a no-nonsense evaluation of where your child currently stands in maths, English, general knowledge and non-verbal reasoning.
11+ Mock exams and 11+ Summer courses at our centre are open to all students and are based on the GL Assessment format.
11+ Weekly Tutoring
Enrolling for October 2019
Available: Mon, Tues, Weds & Sat
Our Advanced 11+ programme is available for students who have a strong foundation of knowledge in English and maths and are preparing to sit the Transfer Test in 2020.
- We tutor using traditional methods.
- Lessons are for an hour and a half.
- Teaching resources & snacks provided.
- We follow our own syllabus based on GL Assessment.
- Termly 11+ tests are administered to improve exam skill.
- Weekly homework is given to foster independent learning.
One weekly lesson (90 minutes): £37.00
11+ Lessons for Year 4
We begin a Foundation 11+ programme with most children in Year 4. Children who need extra help, are tutored differently until they reach the required standard. Early exposure in Year 4 makes understanding this concept a lot easier than starting from scratch in Year 5.
Foundation 11+ programme students will learn the following:
- Fractions, tables, decimals, percentages and other maths topics.
- Compound words, antonyms, synonyms and higher vocabulary.
- In class reading and comprehension.
- Handwriting skills and creative writing.
- Non-verbal reasoning and general knowledge.
Benefits of Tutoring
The 2019 Sutton Trust report recognises the huge benefit of private tutorials for all students. Helping your child to prepare for the 11+ is a ‘win-win’ strategy. Even if he/she does not pass, professional tutoring will expand her/his knowledge base, in preparation for secondary school and the life-changing GCSE exams.
Furthermore, your child will learn the necessary life skills of personal organisation, good work ethic and a quest to do well.
Our Local Grammar Schools
For further information about the 11+ test and guidance, please also see the Bucks Grammar school website