11+ Tutors in Aylesbury
11+ Preparation for years 4 & 5
Our qualified teachers have been preparing children for the 11+ exam since 2004. Classes at Maple last for one hour and a half and we deliver eleven plus concepts that are not usually covered in local Aylesbury primary schools.
Enrolling for September 2019
We currently have spaces on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
(4pm – 5.30pm or 5.45pm- 7.15pm)
Our Teaching Approach
We provide a caring, Ofsted registered environment that makes every child feel welcome and motivated.
- We teach using traditional methods.
- Lessons are for an hour and a half.
- We follow our own syllabus based on GL Assessment
- Termly 11+ tests are administered to improve exam skill.
- Weekly homework is given to foster independent learning.
- We provide all the teaching resources and snacks.
One weekly lesson (90 minutes): £37.00
Lesson Structure for year 4
We begin a Foundation 11+ programme with most children in Year 4. Children who need extra help, are taught differently until they reach the required standard. Not many state primary schools in Buckinghamshire teach non-verbal reasoning so early exposure in Year 4 makes understanding this concept a lot easier than starting from scratch in Year 5.
If you enrol your child on our Foundation 11+ programme, he/she will learn the following:
- Fractions, tables, decimals, percentages and other maths topics.
- Compound words, antonyms, synonyms and higher vocabulary.
- In class reading and comprehension.
- Handwriting skills and creative writing.
- Non-verbal reasoning and general knowledge.
The Bucks Transfer Test
The Transfer Test is challenging and therefore requires above-average knowledge. Buckinghamshire provides two types of secondary schools; grammar schools and upper schools. Further information can be found here.
Our Local Grammar Schools
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School – (Mixed)
Aylesbury High School (Girls)
Aylesbury Grammar School (Boys)
The Royal Latin School (Mixed)