New AS and A-levels will be taught from September 2015. This means that the first results for the new AS-levels will be in 2016, and the first results for the new A-levels will be in 2017.
The main features of the new qualifications are as follows:
- Assessment will be undertaken mainly by exam, with other types of assessment used only where necessary to test essential skills.
- Assessment will take place at the end of the course. AS assessments will typically take place after 1 year’s of study and A level assessments will typically take place after 2. The courses will no longer be divided into modules and there will no longer be exams in January.
- AS and A levels will be decoupled – meaning that AS results will no longer count towards an A level.
- AS Levels can be designed by exam boards to be taught alongside the first year of A Levels.
- The content for the new A levels has been reviewed and updated.
How we can help you
As we are passionate about getting good exam results, we teach students individually, in small groups of 3 for AS and A2. We teach the following subjects:
- Maths: Core, Decision, Mechanics, Statistics
- English Language
- English Literature
Lessons are taught, one-to-one, in small groups of four by highly qualified teachers.
Each lesson lasts 1.5 hours with a break half way.
We recommend two lessons a week for students whose current levels indicate attaining a grade below C so that they can aim to achieve C or above by the time they write their exams.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 - 9:00 pm
How Much Does it Cost?
- 1 weekly lesson = £45.00
- 2 weekly lessons = £68.00
How Much Does it Cost?
One lesson @ 1.5 hours per week = £45.00 (Sibling rate = £42.00)
Two lessons @ 3 hours per week = £68.00 (Sibling rate = £63.00)
Please see our tutorial pricing page for more information.
What to do next
At Maple, we examine not only academic levels but also attitudes to learning and self-confidence. Our honest feedback will leave you in no doubt about your child's current levels. Irrespective of whether your child is a well-rounded genius that does the ironing at home, or she hates writing and maths, we can design a personal learning programme tailored to their individual needs. No child is a failure, but some need extra nurturing to instil a sense of belief in their potential.
For all children, we have a way forward:
- Click here to book your free, no obligation assessment.
- We will respond with available times and aim to give you a date within the week.
- Allow an hour or more for this service as we want you and your child to fully understand how we operate and how we can help you.
- After the assessment, you can sign up straight away so your child can start to benefit from tutorials.
- Within a fortnight, we will design a personal education plan that addresses your child’s unique needs.
You really have nothing to lose in contacting us for a free, no-obligation assessment!
We host all written AS and A Level exams at Maple Education. Please see our exams page for more details.