So here are the ten magic rules that will make a massive contribution to your child’s confidence during exam time:
1. Go to bed one hour earlier than normal from now until the last day of his/her exam.
6. Revise aloud wherever and whenever possible. Talking to yourself embeds facts in your head forever. Singing facts is even better!
2. Wake up half an hour early for a really big cooked breakfast. Best exam booster.
7. Give your skin a rest from make-up during exam period. Ditto your hair – no colour or straightening. Just wash and go – you will have great hair and skin for summer holidays.
3. Stay away from social media and TV from Sunday to Friday and then enjoy a binge on Saturday. Difficult…but doing so will give about 5 hours per day to revise.
8. Attend revision classes at school or privately, and hammer away on practice papers.
4. Go from school to the library to study and stay as late as possible for quality study time.
9. Run, swim, cycle or play sport for 20 minutes twice a week. This will give your brain a rest whilst pumping valuable oxygen, nutrients and endorphins to boost confidence.
5. Drink 6 big glasses of water per day and absolutely no alcohol and coffee.
10. Be strong and stay focused – exams will be over by the end of June.